Sunday, August 2, 2015

PROOF POSITIVE: I do not have a green thumb….

For some reason, every spring, I forget that I do not have a green thumb.  I purchase lots of flowering plants and sometimes tomato plants.  I have high hopes.  This past spring was no different.

Here is my tomato plant.  Where are the leaves? Where are the tomatoes?


Well this plant produced 3, yes, only 3 tomatoes!


THAT'S IT - 3 stinkin' tomatoes!


Ironically, marigolds came out of nowhere - must have been from the dead heads last year!


And to even make me hang my head in shame a little lower, these are my pansies!



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. It's all about the soil you should have put new soil in your pot each year. the plants before take all the nutrients out of the soil.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pansies don't do well in the summer sun. I have to plant mine under the hosta for protection. That tomato looks wonderful! Hope it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete