Saturday, December 10, 2016

Everson Museum Festival of the Trees - 2016...



The Everson Museum of Art in Syracuse, NY has a Festival of Trees each year.  All trees and wreaths are donated by various groups and members of the community and they are sold to raise funds for the Museum.

This year the theme was City Lights and the Festival ran from Dec 2-11


The trees are displayed throughout the museum....


....local school choruses and dance troupes entertain throughout the day...


...the trees are of all shapes and sizes....


...some traditional and some unique...


 ...some childlike...


...some have ornaments that are works of art...


...some large and elegant...


...and some in my favorite color scheme...


...this tree had mini stained glass ornaments...


...and this was created with rocks...


...this was a tree I donated this year...


...as well as this one...


...and I was happy to see that both had sold!


I attend this Festival every holiday season and enjoy seeing the creativity and effort that people put into these trees, and it's a successful fundraiser for the museum !


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Patti! Happy yours sold, but I'm dying to ask....did you buy the MC themed tree?? I thought that might have been yours too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of festival....win win situation as they make money and we enjoy seeing all the pretties.

    ReplyDelete