Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Nooks and Crannies....


I have a few odd nooks and crannies in my home.  This one odd corner is in my guest room, which is located in the "west wing" of my home....OK, my home is small, however when I refer to this end of my home, which is actually due west, I feel somewhat regal and that is how I justify wearing my crown!

So, back to my nook and cranny....

This was a challenge to decorate when we moved into this home and it has slowly morphed into a gallery wall of paintings and prints from our travels to through the US , Canada,  Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, Europe and Asia:


The small bookcase was in my family home growing up and it fits perfectly in this nook.  It also holds all of my favorite books....


...and every room needs a touch of black and white - RIGHT?!


Here's another odd corner in my hallway, also located in the "west wing":


This is an old smoking stand that I purchased at an auction.  An ashtray used to sit in the top and I imagine pipes or cigarettes used to sit in the drawer.  I painted it in white chalk paint to coordinate with the woodwork and placed a lamp on top, which just happened to fit in the ashtray holder.


A little bit of hand painting and fringe "dolled" it up a bit


It is a perfect fit for this odd shaped corner!

As unique as nooks and crannies can be, they can also be a challenge to decorate.

Have you had this challenge?

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. Love your gallery wall, Patti. The little table is darling! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you did just fine decorating these spaces. Love the gallery wall and the little table. Perfect fit for the lamp and the wall space. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have to be creative in some areas of your home and it looks like you have done that. I always love a gallery wall and that bookcase is lovely. Love your little table and lamp....what cute embellishments! If you like to be regal and fancy, call your nooks and crannys "Vignettes" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, that smoking stand is so awesome the way you checked it, fringed it, and how that lamp fits in it. I love it! I also love that flower frog on your vase on the other bookcase cranny. Love your wall gallery arrangement too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone has that odd corner or two. The travel corner is perfect for those memories. and isn't it kismet that the lamp fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you ever find a lamp to fit perfectly in the smoking stand! That's adorable! Love your gallery wall too with your favorite books at hand~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete