Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Happy Flag Day!

Why is Flag Day celebrated? 
Flag Day honors a June 14, 1777, resolution from the Second Continental Congress, which called for an official United States flag. 

Did you know that Flag Day is a state holiday in NY?


I keep my red, white and blue decorations around til the 4th of July.


"The American flag is the most recognized symbol of freedom and democracy in the world. "
Virginia Foxx


“You’re a grand old flag, You’re a high flying flag, And forever in peace may you wave.”  
George M. Cohen

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. Patti, I keep my patriotic things out till Labor Day! Love seeing your vignettes. Your star flatware is fun!
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the red white and blue! You have some adorable things Patti, Happy Flag Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete