Saturday, June 17, 2017

Smoked Tomato Seasoning....

I could spend an hour in a "spice shop". 
 My new favorite spice is Smoked Tomato from Spice Merchants in Falmouth, on the Cape

One way I use this spice is to add more flavor to cream cheese:


I add in about a tablespoon to Chive and Onion cream cheese and it enhances the flavor to a smokey, savory palate:


Sometimes I also add fresh chives - mixed in or as a garnish.


Storing it in a pretty container even makes it taste better!


I am ready for a quick afternoon snack!


The rain has finally subsided in NY and we can begin to enjoy our patio...


The last time we had "happy hour" out here was for St Patty's day - a warm, snowy afternoon:


So, it felt really good to be able to sit out there in the warm sun...


...and enjoy a little white wine and snack...


....and finally enjoy the fresh air...


...and make a few summer plans for the weeks ahead!


It was a long time coming, but I think the sun is here to stay!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. I sure hope the sun is here to stay! Wine and snacks are best outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spice sounds like it'd be delish in cream cheese! Summer sun and warmth was a long time comin' for you guys up north this year. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sounding dip or spread! I love the sun appearing here in NY, but I could do without the 90 degrees! Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an easy yet different appetizer, that smoked tomato seasoning sounds so intriguing!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should all get together and write a book about cream cheese...it's a staple isn't it?! -Laurel

    ReplyDelete